DTCP joins Adams Street, Cisco Ventures and Microsoft Ventures in supporting the company’s EMEA expansion. Silicon Valley Veteran, Tony Zingale, joins Dynamic Signal Board of Directors.
San Bruno, Calif, July 31, 2018 – Dynamic Signal, the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, today announced a series of company milestones as it continues to lead the $5 billion Employee Communication and Engagement market. The $10 million capital raise from DTCP will support the company’s EMEA expansion as it grows to meet increasing market demand around the globe. Dynamic Signal also announced a key board member, Tony Zingale, who brings more than 35 years of high-tech industry experience. As the CEO of three successful tech companies, most recently Jive Software, Tony will join Dynamic Signal’s venture capitalists and long-time independent director Karen DeGolia to build global strategies, enabling Dynamic Signal to further grow into a world-class, efficient and effective go-to-market organization.
“We’re thrilled to partner with DTCP as the demand for Employee Communication and Engagement Platforms continue to see exponential growth in EMEA. Additionally, with the expansion of our leadership team and board we’re furthering Dynamic Signal’s work in helping companies modernize, streamline and measure employee communication and engagement in a way that has meaningful business impact,” said Dynamic Signal CEO and co-founder, Russ Fradin. “As we continue our journey as a company, we’re excited to have these new leaders and partners join us in serving so many of the world’s leading global companies.”
“Modernizing communication in the enterprise is a critical business priority for leading organizations around the globe. DTCP’s investment in Dynamic Signal comes at a time when the Employee Communication and Engagement (ECE) category is seeing rapid growth and adoption,” said Eric Ver Ploeg, Managing Director at DTCP in the Venture Capital team. “DTCP is looking forward to supporting Dynamic Signal’s expansion across Europe as market demand for ECE Platforms continue to accelerate.”
The company’s momentum reflects the growing trend in organizations investing in communication technology that meets the needs of a modern workforce. Dynamic Signal has proven success in the U.S., already serving 20 percent of the Fortune 100, and plans to continue its expansion in EMEA, counting organizations like Volvo Group, Sage, Oracle, Sky, O2, and more in its roster of global customers.
“I’m super excited to leverage my industry pioneering experience from Jive in the collaboration and communication market to a company that is poised to fix such a large problem in today’s world,” said Tony Zingale. “Dynamic Signal has done a fantastic job implementing a modern, streamlined solution to address the urgent need to fix the communication and engagement issues we’re seeing across so many enterprise organizations. I’m looking forward to partnering with Russ and the Dynamic Signal team in growing the Employee Communication and Engagement category as we take the company to the next level.”
Dynamic Signal has hit new milestones, added new team leaders and clients, and has been recognized by several industry awards.
Key 2018 developments include:
- Notable Funding and International Expansion: DTCP joins the February announced financing round led by Adams Street Partners joined by Cisco Ventures and Microsoft Ventures for a total of $46.5 million in new funding to accelerate the company’s rapid growth.
- New Board Director: Tony Zingale joins the Dynamic Signal Board of Directors, bringing more than 35 years of industry experience building profitable, high growth, enterprise software companies. His most recent role was at Jive Software where he served as CEO and led the $185 million IPO in 2011, then served as Executive Chairman until the company’s sale in 2017. Prior to Jive, Zingale held the CEO role at Mercury Interactive where he grew annual sales to over $1 billion and engineered the $5 billion acquisition to HP in 2007.
- New CFO: Yang Chao joins Dynamic Signal with more than 20 years of experience in the hi-tech industry, building and leading high-performance finance organization for startups and established companies. Her prior roles include CFO for FourKites and VP of Finance for Gogo, where she supported the company’s IPO in 2013.
- New VP of Product Management: David Grant joins Dynamic Signal with more than 11 years of product management experience, holding Head of Product and Director of Product roles at Study.com, Quantcast and Fox Interactive, developing and launching products and garnering more than $100m in annual revenue.
- Continued Growth: Dynamic Signal has experienced more than 60 percent year over year growth in sales, powering Employee Communication and Engagement for notable Fortune 500 and 100 companies, including JPMorgan Chase, Proctor and Gamble, Intel and Humana, and global leaders like ING, Volvo Group, Oracle, and Sky in EMEA where Dynamic Signal has seen consistent 3x year over year growth. The company has also seen a 100 percent year over year growth in employee headcount, opening two new offices this year. Recently Dynamic Signal was approved by the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield self-certification program operated by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
As more than 50 percent of the global workforce does not have a corporate email address and cannot be easily reached by email, organizations are being more proactive to leverage ECE Platforms to ensure all employees feel informed and connected, creating alignment by sending relevant, timely information on the channels and devices most convenient for the way different employees work.
Today, Dynamic Signal is available to nearly four million employees across six continents in 100 countries. Hundreds of the world’s largest global enterprises, including more than twenty percent of the Fortune 100 trust Dynamic Signal to help modernize, streamline, and measure Employee Communication and Engagement.